by Holly Kelly
Genre: Fantasy romance
4.6 of 5 pearls
WARNING: Very mild language but otherwise a totally clean read.
A Dagonian warrior (don't even THINK of calling him mer!) is sent on a mission by his king and encounters a woman who, according to Dagonian law, should die. Unfortunately for him, he likes her. He really, really likes her.
Oh my, oh my, oh my!! I started reading this book before bed one night, finally set it aside at 1am, picked it up again when I woke up at 6 and didn't set it down again until I was done. Seriously! I loved this book. ♥L.O.V.E♥ Fun and exciting! But that's just my opinion, so let's get down to brass tacks.
- Hero: Very nicely done. Sexy, alpha male, ruthless yet merciful, not exactly what I consider a bad boy, but he definitely has a few bad boy qualities.
- Heroine: Sweet, but strong, very believable. I think Ms. Kelly did a fantastic job with the inner turmoil of the heroine.
- Storyline: Not too involved despite the "fantasy" element. Involved enough to be completely fascinating, however. There's some grit (which I appreciate), some heat, and a lot of heart.
- Cons: Hmm. As far as the story goes, none that I recall. However, for this being a small-press published book (Clean Teen Publishing) rather than self, there were a lot more typos than I expected. Not quite enough that it ruined my joy in the story, but enough to make me notice.
- Other points: My daughter took one look at the cover and asked if she could read the book. She's ten so my automatic reply was that I needed to read it first. After reading it, I informed her that she has to wait until she's at least 13. She's counting down the days now. ☺
In conclusion, would I read this again? Definitely. Will I buy the sequel and any other in the series from here on out? Um...YEAH! And guess what? You can grab a copy of this book for FREE by clicking on the cover photo above. That's right, the kindle edition of this book is free. Enjoy!!
Disclaimer: This review is for the first release of this book. I was not paid in any way for this review. The statements made here are my honest opinions. I acquired this e-book for free from Amazon at no urging from anyone. Except the cover. The cover made me download this book. Oh yes. LOVE the cover. Oh, last but not least, the link in the image above contains an Amazon affiliate ID. Any purchase made through the link will result in a small commission for me. If you don't want that to happen, simply strip the ID from the link and refresh the page. I think I covered everything. ☺