Thursday, September 3, 2009

Introducing a New Rating System Here at Romance, Old School

I have been pondering a rating system for several weeks now. Stars are so overdone; I want something unique to my personality and genre. I have settled on pearls since pearls were such a feature of Regency England. Let me break it down for you:

5 pearls = Wow. That pretty much says it all.


4 pearls = Very good. Worth a re-read at some point.


3 pearls = Good. Probably could have been better, but still enjoyable.

I do not post anything below 3 pearls. I prefer to contact the author directly in a case of a 2 or a 1 pearl rating, letting them know what I so disliked in the story.

Please keep in mind that all reviews on this site are my own personal opinion. I try to give a potential reader a little more of a glimpse into the story than is perhaps provided by the book's blurb. I am not trying to sway a reader, merely inform them. I enjoy reading and sharing my thoughts on what I've read.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin