Tuesday, December 20, 2011

~Book Review~ Miss Isabella Thaws a Frosty Lord

My rating: 4.5 of 5 pearls

warning for sensitive readers: there is a graphic love scene at the very end 

I debated exactly what to rate this story, 4 or 5 pearls. Ultimately, though, it boiled down to one undeniable fact: Once I started reading, I couldn't stop. Thus, it receives 4.5 pearls from me (rounding up to 5). 

This novella is reminiscent of the older, traditional Regencies, fun and sweet. I could picture these characters so clearly and I adored their interactions. I laughed several times, smiled most of the time, and teared up at others. 

The final chapter, however, was one I skipped, mostly, as it was a love scene between the married H/H. It was a little too graphic for my personal tastes. Other than that, I adored this story.

I designed the cover for this story before reading it. I'm quite pleased with how well it matches. :O)

My Kindle copy was supplied by the author. I was not paid in any way for this review. The opinions expressed here are my own. Purchasing through the Amazon link provided here will result in me earning a tiny commission.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin