Sunday, February 10, 2013

~Book Review~ A Kiss to Die For


A Kiss to Die For 
4.8 of 5 pearls 

WARNING: This book contains graphic love scenes. 

A bounty hunter chasing a serial killer lands on the doorstep of a sheltered young woman who likes to watch trains. 

I first read this book years ago, in paperback (the one with the BEAUTIFUL train artwork—see below), and I loved it then. A solid 5-pearl read then and a solid 5-pearl read now. It's not often you find a book that's just as good the first time as it is the second... or the fourth. I read it in less than 24 hours. 
  • Hero: LOVE him, just plain love him. He's everything I love in a romance hero. Strong, misunderstood, unafraid of getting his hands dirty, or working hard. 
  • Heroine: Quiet and unassuming, always does what is expected of her, doesn't speak up for herself until the hero urges her to. I love her quirk of watching the trains and even more so when her reason for doing so is revealed. Her gradual strengthening of spirit was real, believable. 
  • Storyline: There were twists that surprise me every time. I cried more than once, happy tears and sad. Such an emotional ride in this story. That's hard to beat. 
  • Cons: The one downside of this book is that if you're a scene skipper, like me, the one set of love scenes in this story aren't the easiest to just skip. There's some info contained within those scenes that's fairly important to the characterization and the story. Still, the story is one of the best I've ever read. 

This time I read the eBook and the cover art is adequate, nothing spectacular. I'm a wee bit biased about cover art, though, so all I'll say is the paperback art was so much better and so much more apropos, one of my all-time favorite book covers, to be honest. Claudia Dain has been a favorite author of mine for some time and she remains in that category.

*Disclaimer: I was not paid in any way for this review. I purchased the book (more than once). I do not know the author—although, if I'm totally honest, I sent her an email once and she was very, very nice. The views expressed here are my own. The cover at the top of this post is linked to Amazon, where you can grab an e-copy for yourself for only $0.99. The link does contain my affiliate code, which would result in a tiny commission for me, should you choose to make a purchase through said link. 

Did I cover everything? 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin