Saturday, November 20, 2010

~Book Review~ The Miser of Mayfair

The Miser of Mayfair (A House for the Season, Book 1)


My rating: 3.3 of 5 pearls


~First installment in the House for a Season series~ 3.3 pearls

I always get a kick out of how dense the heroine acts in this story. It's entertaining, especially in relation to those around her who are trying to determine if she's really that dense or if she's really very clever. Overall, amusing with a few laugh-out-loud moments. Don't read this if you get uptight about the "correct" way to write. Ms Chesney POV switches within paragraphs.*


There will be more Marion Chesney reviews in the coming days. I've been sick and these books are entertaining without being too intense or emotionally draining. They're also short, around 150 pages each in a mass market paperback size. I've read several already and posted my reviews to Goodreads so I just need to post them again here.

*I purchased this book and my review reflects my personal views. No one paid me in any way for my review.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin