Saturday, November 20, 2010

~Book Review~ Plain Jane

Plain Jane (A House for the Season, Book 2)


My rating: 3.4 of 5 pearls


~Second installment in the House for the Season series~ 3.4 pearls 

The best thing about this series is the main characters. Even though each book is a romance, there is a different hero/heroine in each who fall in love and move on. The main characters, namely the servants at Number 67 Clarges Street in Regency Mayfair, are delightfully three-dimensional, probably because they are given 6 books in which to develop. 

(This is only the second book but I've read the whole series before, hence the reason I'm able to make the above statement.) 

As for this book in particular, there were moments of laughter, moments of grrr, and moments of give me a break with substantial eye-rolling. Even so, I love Ms Chesney's way of mocking all the ridiculous foibles of Regency England. Truly entertaining but again, definitely not for those who are overly picky about "correct" writing.* 


Watch for more of my Marion Chesney reviews in the coming days. Illness makes me crave silliness. lol

*I purchased this book and was not paid in any way for my review.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin