Monday, July 11, 2011

~Book Review~ The Fire Lord's Lover

Fire Lord's Lover
My rating: 4.8 of 5 pearls
Sensitive readers beware: Contains graphic love scenes. 


It says a lot for this book that it captured my attention and held it for the short span of time it took me to finish it (less than a day). After weeks of trouble finding a book to successfully hold my attention, this one wouldn't let it go. And I read the Kindle version...without a Kindle. (Imagine hours at a computer screen, straining your eyes because you just can't stop.)

Ms Kennedy built an interesting world, weaving the early Georgian era with a fantasy world of elves, dragons, and human-consuming plants. Her descriptions are beautiful, entrancing. 

This is predominantly a romance, however, and as is the case with most historical romances, the sex is rather detailed and plentiful. But I loved the hero and the heroine. There was a touch of reality to their relationship that I appreciated.

In summary: I will read more by Ms Kennedy.

Disclaimer: The views stated here are my own. I was not paid in any way, shape, or form for this review. I received the book free from an e-book retailer. (Does that cover all the legalities for writing a review?)


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin